Please be aware that all associated Services and systems MAY BE housed on servers in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, information we collect (including cookies) are processed and stored in the United States, which may not offer the same level of privacy protection as the country where you reside or are a citizen. By using the Services and providing information to us, you consent to the transfer to and processing of the information in the United States.
Kinivo LLC is a consumer electronics retailer in United States of America. The business operates internationally with their main website www.kinivo.com, and across several online retailers such as Amazon, Newegg, BestBuy, etc.
What information do we collect?
Information Provided by Users and Other People
- Your account information. You provide your email to create an account or subscribe to our newsletter. If you refuse to provide such information, you may not be able to use the Services properly. When or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your contact information, such as your name,address, telephone number and email address.
- Customer Support. You can provide us with information about your use of the Services, including your product information and how to contact you, so that we can provide customer support. For example, you can send an email that contains information about our device performance, application performance, and other issues.
- Network and connection: We use location-related information to tailor the Services to our users in different regions. Location-related information may be based on device location information (if the user grants approval to collect) or the user’s IP address.
- Server Logs: A server log is a list of the activities that a server performs. Kinivo’s servers automatically collect and store in Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, the date and time of your request and referral URL and certain cookies that identify your browser or Kinivo account.
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer’s hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your computer, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using the Services.
The Services use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are required for the operation of the Services. Without them, for example, you would not be able to register or log in for the Services that Kinivo offers.
- Analytical/performance cookies, which allow Kinivo to recognize and count the number of visitors, learn how visitors navigate the Services and improve the Services.
- Functionality cookies, which Kinivo uses to recognize you when you return to the Services.
To learn more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our website. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our website.
Kinivo also uses analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to collect Other Information. Generally analytics services do not identify individual users. Many analytics services allow you to opt out of data collection. For example, to learn more about Google Analytics practices and to opt out, visit www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Facebook: Information obtained from the Facebook account you use to login to the website, such as your name, birth date, picture, and other details you may have on your Facebook profile. We do not have any access to Facebook passwords.
- Google: Information obtained from the Google account you use to login to the website, such as your name, birth date, picture, and other details you may have associated with your Google account.
Do we get your consent before collecting information?
You may withdraw your consent to collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information held or controlled by us by submitting a request. Based on the extent to which you withdraw your consent to let us process your personal information, this may mean that you will not be able to access our products and services. Deleting your account will not of itself entirely remove associated content from our systems. We will delete relevant information that can be clearly identified (like your email, name, and country), but information that cannot be clearly identified (such as your birthday or gender information) will not be deleted.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process transactions: We use your personal information to process payments you make through the Services. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Security and privacy: We verify accounts and activities and ensure that the Services are used legally by investigating suspicious activities or violations of our terms. This promotes the security and privacy of the Services.
- Communication about the Services: We will communicate with you about the Services and features and let you know about our terms and policies and other important updates. We may provide you with the marketing of the Services and promote other marketing events of our company.
- Advertising and business information: We may advertise our own and third-party products based on the products you have installed, accessed, used, and purchased. You may receive marketing information that may contain content that may be of interest to you. As we do not want to spam you, you can manage these communications. We will respect your choices.
- To Comply with the Law: We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- Deaggregated/De-Identified Information: We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with prospects, partners, or sponsors for business or research purposes, such as when we analyze and report on demographic trends to measure our objective of having healthy diversity ratios across our programs.
Privacy of Children
The Services are not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of applicable law, if we learn that we have received any information directly from a minor without his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the minor that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently will delete that information.
If you are a minor under the age of 16 (according to the legal requirements of EU member states, the minimum must not be less than 13 years old), you must obtain written consent from your parent or legal guardian before using this product and its relevant services. This product and the relevant services will protect the personal information of minors in accordance with the relevant EU laws and regulations.
California Minors: While the Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18, if you are a California resident who is under age 18 and you are unable to remove publicly-available content that you have submitted to us, you may request removal by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. When requesting removal, you must be specific about the information you want removed and provide us with specific information, such as the URL for each page where the information was entered, so that we can find it. We are not required to remove any content or information that: (1) federal or state law requires us or a third party to maintain; (2) was not posted by you; (3) is anonymized so that you cannot be identified; (4) you don’t follow our instructions for removing or requesting removal; or (5) you received compensation or other consideration for providing the Content or information. Removal of your content or information from the Service does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information from our systems or the systems of our service providers. We are not required to delete the content or information posted by you; our obligations under California law are satisfied so long as we anonymize the content or information or render it invisible to other users and the public.
- Unless a contract is agreed upon, the user agrees, or the law requires, the data subject should have the right not to be affected by automatic decision-making.
- Data managers should take appropriate measures to protect the rights and freedoms of data subjects and legitimate interests, and ensure that data subjects have the right to engage with data managers, express opinions, and challenge decisions.
- We collect the information necessary to provide you with services. During the collection process, we will strictly abide by laws and regulations and will never collect any information prohibited by laws or administrative regulations. We also do not collect the content of your chats or phone calls.
Third Parties - How We Share Your Information
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection and Safety. Kinivo may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
EU-US Privacy Shield
Further processing of information
In order to improve the Services, we sometimes need to process data further, beyond normal collection procedures. If we use your personal information beyond the stated purpose of collection, we will inform you and obtain your express consent before use.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment Gateway Providers Database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, who are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Accessing, Deleting, and Updating Your Data
Access, Update, Correct or Delete Your Information. All account holders may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in their registration profile by logging into their account. You may also contact us at email@example.com to accomplish the foregoing or if you have additional requests or questions.
Email communications. You may opt out of newsletters and marketing-related emails by following the unsubscribe instructions on a link at the bottom of each such email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Withdrawing consent. If you gave us consent to use your personal information, but wish to update or delete it, please contact us at email@example.com.
Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Services to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with the Services and may need to close your account. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Services by designating it as required in the Services or through other appropriate means.
Note：Our website only collects your personal information when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter. We will not collect your data such as your GPS position, weight, temperature, blood pressure, body mass index (“BMI”), and other important health indicators.
How long will the data be stored?
We store the data until we no longer need it to provide services or until the user's account is deleted, depending on which comes first. This requires specific analysis of the situation and depends on the nature of the data, the reasons for collecting and processing the data, and the related legal or operational retention needs.
Do we collect information that was created by automated means？
Usually we do not collect automated information.
Do we send you promotional information?
Occasionally, we may need to email you if you subscribe. We may need to send you some products information and tell you something important campaign. But if you do not subscribe, we will not send you any promotional related information.
Do we get information from other sources?
You can login to our website with your Facebook or Google account. We will obtain Information from the Facebook account or Google account you use to login to the website, such as your name, email, gender, birthday, picture (your Facebook password is collected directly by Facebook without passing through our systems, and we do not have access to it). Because this kind of information can be seen by anyone, you should exercise care in what you choose to submit; make sure everything you submit is something you want to share with everyone.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer Third Party Services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their account and going to 'Edit User Profile'.
EU-US Privacy Shield
We are responsible for the processing of personal data received under the Privacy Shield Framework and subsequent transfers to third parties acting as agents on our behalf. Kinivo complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Kinivo is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. We commit to cooperate with the EU data protection authorities and comply with advice given by such authorities with respect to any human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Kinivo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Last modified: June 10, 2019
How can you contact Kinivo with questions?
If you have any questions or concerns, there are a few ways you can contact us: